In September two massive earthquakes battered Mexico. The death toll is at 200-plus, yet it continues to rise. Buildings and highways have been destroyed, and many people are without a home. The first earthquake hit September 8, while the second rattled Mexico on September 19.
WHAT WE KNOW
- On Tuesday, September 19, a magnitude earthquake hit Mexico City
- At least 230 confirmed dead
- Two earthquakes hit Mexico on same month; CNN explains why
- In 1985, the biggest earthquake to date battered Mexico, where at least 9,500 people lost their lives
- Californians urged to prepare for "The Big One"
HOW TO HELP MEXICO:
Mexicans in Masschusetts, MassMex have started a relief fund
GoFundme "Mexico Earthquake Relief"